Thursday, April 2, 2015

Week 11 Famous Last Words

Getting Back to the Grind

The past few weeks have been CRAZY! I've been so busy and sick that i've barely made it through. However, there has been a lot of good things to celebrate as well. So, let's focus on the positives! 
  • I have purchased my flight and gotten all of my shots for my trip to Africa! It's so surreal to think i'm actually going to be in Africa in just a few months! I just want to scream (but that would be inappropriate.. i'm sitting in the Cox Convention Center, attending the Calm Waters booth at the agency fair). 
Tanzanian Flag
Found on gCaptain

Check out my gofundme HERE
and/or
Follow my progress and adventures on my blog, HERE 
  • I am going to graduate in a little over a month! Oh my gosh. These four years have gone by so fast. I had to talk about something I experienced my senior year of high school and couldn't believe that was actually like 5 years ago. It feels like just yesterday I attended Camp Crimson and learned the fight song and alma mater. 
Getting my cap and gown was a TRIP!

  • I got accepted into the OU School of Social Work Advanced Standing Master's program! I was freaking out waiting to hear back from them, and finally I got my email saying i'd gotten in. It's crazy to think that, universe willing, I will graduate this summer with my Bachelor's and next summer with my Master's. I'll be a 22 year old MSW! Woot!
  • I finished my first draft of my capstone and submitted it to my professor for editing, so that's a huge weight off my chest. 
  • My little brother turned 19 last week! Holy crap. He is NOT supposed to grow up! We are really close and I love him to bits. It's tough not being able to see him and his accomplishments, but i'm so proud of him. 
Me and Bub in Broken Bow, OK during Christmas break 2014

  • One of my good friends, Michelle, got married and it was so beautiful! 
The beautiful Mr. & Mrs. Coldiron

  • I'm down to 180 lbs and a size 12/14!! I haven't been this small since 7th grade!
My face!

  • My cat is super adorable, sassy, and generally magnificent. 
Derping together

The BooBoo Kitty is the cuteness! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, girly! I didn't do a storytelling this week, so I get free pick of whose blogs I can comment on!
    First off, I am so proud of all the accomplishments and achievements you've made in the past year! I'm glad to hear you submitted your Capstone and that you have a grand plan for the future! I'm also glad to see you got your ticket to Tanzania and I can't wait to hear what shenanigans you'll get into over there!
    We only have a few weeks left, and I'm convinced we'll both kick ass and make it! Only a little bit longer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much excitement going on in your life right now! That’s so awesome I bet you’re exhausted from all the work but good news is graduation is right around the corner and we are so close! I’m losing track of all my school work with all my workout plans and rugby travel I can only imagine how stressful it must be with planning a trip out of the country!

    ReplyDelete